Subtle but powerful, this mac & cheese is one of my best! It is light but still super flavorful, and unlike most mac & cheeses it does not have an overpowering cheese sauce. The sauce is creamy with a gentle cheese flavor, so if you are tired of mac & cheese that tastes like cheese with the texture of pasta, this is your recipe! It is super simple to make but will easily impress your friends and family!
Ingredients: Serves 2 – 3 people
- 1 1lb box organic pasta
- 5 cups organic milk
- 1 cup organic cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup organic mozzarella, shredded
- 1/2 cup organic parmesan, shredded
- 4 tbsp organic butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parsley to garnish and add color (optional)
- In a medium-sized pot over medium-high heat, bring the milk to a simmer.
- Add the pasta and cook until al-dente, stirring every minute or two. The cooking time is normally 7 – 9 minutes longer then the time said on the package.
- Once the pasta is fully cooked, remove the pot from the heat and add the butter, cheeses, salt and pepper. Stir until evenly distributed.
- Garnish with extra cheese and parsley, serve while hot.