I fell in love with these at first taste. They are packed with chocolate, not overly sweet and the cinnamon adds such an amazing flavor. They are also great for busy mornings when you need to grab something and go, the oatmeal and flour provides some fuel and the chocolate and sugar provides energy.
- 1 cup organic flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup or 1 stick organic unsalted butter, softened at room temp.
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup cane sugar
- 1 organic large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and ½ cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup organic chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- Mix together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set this aside
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and two sugars together until fully combined. This can be done by hand, with an electric hand mixer or in a electric stand mixer with a whisk attachment. You will know it is done mixing when it turns a light beige color.
- Next add in the egg and vanilla extract, mix until well combined. Slowly mix in the flour mixture until just combined, then add in the oats and chocolate chips and mix until fully combined.
- Scoop out 2 tablespoon (or one overfilled tablespoon) sized cookies balls and place them on an ungreased cookie sheet, being sure to leave a little space for the cookie to spread
- Bake for 13 – 15 minutes or until they are a light golden brown and start to crack. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a plate. Serve cookies warm or allow to fully cool and store in an air tight container for up to 1 week.