Fruit water is awesome! There are so many different variations, it tastes amazing and it is very simple. I had always thought that fruit water was complex to make and was very surprised to figure out that it was so easy! A little trick that I learned is to use frozen fruit – It makes the fruit water cold and since it is frozen the fruit release a lot more juices. How did I learn this trick? Well, one day after I got some frozen fruit from the grocery store and I was munching on it (it makes a really good snack) I thought to myself, “I wonder what would happen if I put this in water… Let’s try and see!” Since that is just how my brain works, I added some of the frozen fruit to water and the water immediately turned a deep pink (I was using blueberries) and when I tasted it, it had a strong blueberry taste. So thats the story of how I learned that frozen fruit is PERFECT for fruit water!
- 1/2 lemon, washed and thinly sliced
- 2 apples, washed, cored and thinly sliced (I used 2 different types of apples)
- 1 cup organic frozen blueberries (It’s important that they are frozen)
- 8 cups distilled or spring water
- Remove any seeds from the lemon slices and add all the fruit into a large pitcher.
- Fill the pitcher with water and stir, let sit for about 5 – 10 minutes before serving. The longer the fruit sits in the water the more flavor the water will have.
- To serve just pour into a glass and top with some of the fruit.