The Story behind it: Chocolate chip cookies are great and all but sometimes they can be a bit boring and plain, and that’s why I came up with the idea of smore’s cookies! One day when I wanted something sweet, I saw that there was chocolate chip cookie dough in the fridge, but I didn’t want just plain old chocolate chip cookies, so I looked to see if there was anything I could use to spice it up a bit, and that’s when I saw the mini marshmallows! The thought that went through my head at the time was something like “Hey! Chocolate and marshmallows go good together right? I should add some!” So I added some mini marshmallows to the chocolate chip cookie dough and when I tried the after product it blew my mind away! It tasted so much like smore’s except in a cookie form! And that’s the story of how the smore’s cookie was born.
Makes about 2 dozen cookies
- 1 organic egg
- 10 tbsp ghee butter
- 1 cup organic all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup good quality chocolate chips
- 1 cup all natural mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl mix together the flour, sea salt and baking soda, set this aside.
- In a large bowl combine the butter and both sugars and whip until light and fluffy. Add in the vanilla and eggs and mix until well combined.
- Add flour mixture and mix until just combined, do not over mix.
- Gently stir in the chocolate chips and marshmallows. Drop heaping tablespoon sized balls of cookie dough onto an ungreased baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Top each cookie ball with extra marshmallows and chocolate chips.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until just golden brown. Remove from the oven and cool for 2 minutes then immediately remove from the baking sheet and transfer onto a wire cooling rack to finish cooling.
- Once completely cool, transfer to an airtight container and store for up to 2 weeks.