Makes 2 dozen of cookies Gluten-Free
- 1 cup organic smooth peanut butter
- ½ cup cane sugar
- 1 organic whole egg
- Start off by preheating your oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
- Next in a medium sized bowl mix together your 3 ingredients until well combine.
- Scoop out a spoonful of dough (about the size of a truffle) and roll into a ball. Place the balls of cookie dough onto a well buttered (or greased) baking sheet.
- For that classic peanut butter cookie look and to make them cook more evenly, flatten the balls of cookie dough by lightly pressing on them with a fork, then turn the fork half way and press once more, you should end up with a criss-cross pattern like in the photo above.
- Bake for 7 – 10 minutes or until the bottoms of the cookies are golden brown.
- Let cool for 5 – 10 minutes before trying to remove them from the baking sheet. Once they have cooled for 5 – 10 minutes transfer them to a cooling rack or plate and let cool completely before serving.
- For extra decorations and taste you can dip half of the cookie in melted chocolate, then harden the chocolate in the fridge before serving.