- 1 loaf pre-cut organic sourdough bread (white bread works too)
- 7 organic cage-free eggs
- 1 cup organic milk
- 3 tablespoons organic butter, melted (plus extra for buttering the pan)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cane sugar
- Sea salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180˚C.
- Next butter a large baking sheet with, well butter!
- Stack the bread slices and cut them into strips (about 1 inch wide each)
- Now in a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, butter, vanilla, cinnamon, sea salt, and cane sugar.
- Dunk each strip of bread into the mixture and allow the excess to drip off, then place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat this with the remaining strips.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Remove from oven and serve, OR let cool slightly and cover the baking sheet with cling wrap then transfer to the freezer.
- Once frozen, after about 1-2 hours, transfer the french toast sticks to a freezer bag or freezer safe bowl and place back in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- To reheat, preheat oven to 350˚F and bake for 10-15 minutes until heated through.
Inspired by: Tasty