Makes 4 – 6 cups of ice cream base
- 2 cups cold organic whipping cream (also called heavy cream)
- 3/4 cup cold organic sweetened condensed milk
- Beat the whipping cream on medium speed with a electric mixer and whisk attachment until stiff peaks form. This step can be done by hand but takes much more time and strength.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and continue to beat until the mixture is thick and stiff peaks form again.
- Next add your choice of flavoring (see my ice cream flavors) and mix until just combine. Do not over mix, you do not want to knock the air out of the cream.
- Place the ice cream in a resealable container and freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight before serving.
This recipe lasts up to 2 weeks in the freezer.