- 8 lemons (for 3 pint size jars)
- 2-3 cups cane sugar
- 3 pint size glass jars
- Start by washing your jars with soap and water, then fill each jar ⅓ with boiling hot water and swirl it around, then drain and repeat. Or, you can boil the jars in a large pot for 5 minutes or run them through your dish washer. Do the same with the lids.
- Wash your lemons thoroughly using a sponge or dish brush, then slice them into rings or half circles.
- Place the lemon slices into a jar (about ½ lemon at a time) covering the lemon slices with at least 3 Tbsp sugar.
- Repeat layers of lemon and sugar till you get to the top of the jar, pressing down the lemons as you go.
- Once filled to the top with lemons add some more sugar and cover with the lid and refrigerate. The sugar will turn into a syrup as it stands in the fridge, the syrup is great to use in tea as well as the lemons, this can also be eaten as a sour treat.
This recipe can be refrigerated up to 1 month
Inspired by Natasha’s Kitchen