- 12 – 16 organic small red or yellow potatoes (1 1/2 – 2 pounds total)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup organic cheese of your choice (Parmesan, mozzarella or cheddar work best)
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
1. Start by washing all the potatoes and cooking them till tender, they can either be baked or boiled
2. Transfer the potatoes to a baking sheet and let cool for about 10 minutes.
3. Using a potato masher or the palm of your hand (be careful not to burn your hand), lightly press down on each potato to smash to about 1/2-inch thickness, keeping each potato in one piece.
4. Drizzle the smashed potatoes with coconut oil and sprinkle with a generous amount of cheese and parsley, you can also add bacon. If the coconut oil is hardened just melt it over the stove before hand.
5. Bake for 2 to 5 minutes at 450°F/232°C or until cheese is melted.
Inspired by Better Homes & Gardens