- 8 oz organic shredded cheddar
- 4 tbsp organic unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup organic unbleached flour
- 2 – 3 tbsp ice water
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C
- Using a hand mixer or standing mixer, combine cheese, butter, and salt in a large bowl.
- Once combined, mix in the flour and add the ice water one tablespoon at a time.
- The dough should hold together but crumble apart if you break it up in your hand. If it seems too dry, add a little more ice water.
- Separate dough into two halves and pack together into discs. Wrap in cling wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Roll out dough to ? of an inch, pinching the cracks on the ends.
- Cut into 1 inch x 1 inch squares and pierce a hole in the middle of each square for ventilation during baking.
- Place the separated crackers on a buttered baking sheet. Bake for 13 minutes, or until golden brown.
Inspired by: Tasty